Hot Widget

Type Here to Get Search Results !



SAD: Man's corpse discovered in his house 4 years after, as neighbors say all his children live abroad

The Adeosun/Idi Orogbo Community in Ido Local Government Area of Oyo State was thrown into shock on Sunday when they found of one of their landlords, Mr John Aderemi Abiola, in his room, almost four years after he was last seen in December 2018. 

The discovery was made after the community decided, with the approval of the police authorities, to go into his compound to clear the bush in his compound which had overgrown his fence into the next house, causing invasion by reptiles. 

As 2019 crept into 2020, the residents started wondering where the man could be. Though he told about two of those he used to communicate with of his intention to go to Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and be back for Ileya ceremony in 2018, not seeing him for the festivity and thereafter made them to think he was staying back where he initially came from. 

Calls to his phone lines were not going through other. After it was noticed that the weeds in his compound had grown bushy, the community landlords were said to have decided in a meeting to find a means of getting access to the premises to clear the bush. 
However, they were said to have jettisoned the idea because of the implication in the law. 

From then to 2021, till 2022 is getting to the end, the residents of the community who did not know his whereabouts decided again to go and clear the bush. 

Nigerian Tribune learnt the move was made again when the owner of the piece of land beside Mr Abiola’s house moved in about two years ago after completion of the construction. 

But the invasion of his residence by snakes crawling in from the next compound got him worried about the safety of his family members. 

This was said to have made the community to approach Apete police station again, where they were given the nod to do the necessary. 

So, on Sunday, the community decided to hire labourers to clear the bush. The house was constructed on the backside of the piece of land while the front side had a thick bush that could not be accessed. 

As the labourers got there with some landlords and started the work, they first noticed Mr Abiola’s Volkswagen Golf car with registration number AKD 769 DC which had been covered by the bush before the clearing. 

As the building came in view, it was noticed that the window of Mr Abiola’s room was open, which prompted curiosity. 

One of the landlords, Mr Mohammed Ademola, who also worked for and used to interact with Mr Abiola, decided to check what was in the room. 

He was however shocked when he saw the skeleton on the bed of the house owner. Mr Ademola raised the alarm which made others to race to the window. 

They were all shocked and the news quickly spread. It was learnt that the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Apete, SP Grace Akinsehinwa, was promptly informed, which made her to send detectives to the scene for investigation and action. 

On Wednesday, while Nigerian Tribune was at the scene to investigate the incident, police detectives, as well as officials of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and the Ministry of Environment arrived, probably with a plan to evacuate the remains. It was evident from his skull and exposed teeth that he was gaptoothed in front. Also, his boxers could still be seen around his waist while the top he must have worn had been eaten by his rotten flesh. 

Only a tiny piece remained by his side. Also found with his phones was his laptop. 

His plasma TV was still hanging on the wall and his wardrobe still had his clothing and other items. Mr Abiola, whose date of birth was discovered to be October 1, 1955, reportedly moved into the house in July 2017, but was not in close relationship with other residents except formal greetings whenever their paths crossed. 

Known as an engineer who was based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, with his family before moving to Ibadan, he was said to have lived in a couple of areas within the city before constructing the house in Adeosun Community. 

He was also known for his frequent travels to Port Harcourt to do his engineering work whenever the need arose. 

The central chairman of Adeosun/Idi Orogbo Landlords’ Association, Mr Oluwafemi Omilana, who spoke with the Nigerian Tribune, said that late Mr Abiola always paid his dues. 

“But we noticed that he didn’t associate with others and he came to landlords’ meeting just once. His house has a high fence and was constructed at the back with big space in front to the gate.

A post by Roland Idahosa reads:

Get the gist well before condemning him. The original story says he is separated from his wife who lives in his big house in port Harcourt. He's not based in Ibadan neither does he live constantly in this house he died. He just built it recently to live in when he comes around being that he's an engineer. The carpenter that did all the woodwork in the house confirmed he has two children in the US. So this new house is not known by anyone. One of the persons who worked for him in the house says he promised to show them his family when he settles in fully. So this building he died in was sort of a safe haven from all wahala of work and broken family whenever he's in Ibadan. That explains why no one came looking for him as all the search will be around Port Harcourt. As for the smell, if you see the height of the fence you'll know it's too high to detect anything. More so the land next to him was still a bush as at when he died in 2018. The person who purchased the land moved in around 2020 but kept complaining reptiles are crawling into his compound from the dead man's house because grass has overtaken his compound which prompted the community head to seek permit from the police to jump into his compound and clear the bushes. It was during clearing they saw his car and then they feared for the worst that he may be inside which prompted them to check through his half opened window and their fears came through when they saw his bones on the bed. So his family must have called and called but no answer until the phones would go dead. Eyewitnesses say there were three phones on the bed. One on the left hand side, one on his hand and the other was on charger plugged to the socket. To me, that explains cardiac arrest. They also said they saw some malaria drugs and a bottle of astymin on the floor close to his bed meaning he wasn't feeling too well. In all, always tell one person at least your whereabout in all your movements. May his soul find eternal rest, Amen🙏

See photos below:


Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Hollywood Movies