Six worshippers electrocuted at church
Girl in a jacket

Six worshippers electrocuted at church




At least six church members were electrocuted by a live wire that fell from a pole on Sunday during church service at El-Adonai Evangelical Church in Abule-Egba, Lagos.

The victims got electrocuted when the church flag touched the electrical cable, while they were making way for some officials to get into the church.

Two adults and teenagers were involved in the incident, though the identities of victims have not been disclosed to the media.

The director-general of Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Adeseye Margaret, confirmed the incident. She said emergency responders are on ground to prevent further damages to lives and properties.

Officials of Ikeja Electricl, the power distribution company serving the area, have also been contacted by the agency to disconnect power supply, Ms Adeseye disclosed.

“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amid youths restiveness and tensed area,” Mrs Adeseye said.

The Lagos State Emergency Agency spokesman, Nosa Okunbor, did not immediately provide comments when contacted.

Peoples Gazette


Post a Comment

0 Comments